December 19, 2009

Love & Friendship

Most people tend to value certain characteristics in those around them above all else. In some cases, if those handful of certain characteristics are not there to be found, then the subject is discarded as having little value. I know only a few people who seem to be able to find the value in almost everyone around them. That is an ability I would very much like to further develop. Everyone has something they are good at, something to be valued for. If I can see the value in everyone around me, how much easier will it be to love those around me? I believe God loves us not only because we are his creation, but also because he placed value in each of us.

Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls for he has no one to help him up.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

This verse reminded me that I can never have enough friends (especially Godly friends). Friends may come in all shapes, sizes, personalities, colors, and characteristics. In valuing everyone around me, I am also creating an opportunity to develop new friendships. Perhaps I will find a new friend that enhances my life in ways I never imagined. Perhaps I will find a new friend to labor with in God's work. Perhaps I will find a new friend to lift me up when no one else could.



Photobucket