January 11, 2010

Just Hanging Around

Today has been an exhausting day for the hubby and I. We went back to our hometowns for the weekend to visit family and to go to our dentist appointment early this morning. There is something about driving 75 miles back home, on a Monday morning, that is just so tiring :) Anyway, when we got home the little monkey went down for a nap and I decided to take this perfect opportunity and start planning his 1st birthday party. Some family and friends have ask what the theme will be and the answer should come as no surprise....


Monkeys!! I bet you didn't see that coming :)

Aren't these cupcakes the cutest? I found them online and I am going to try and make them for the party. I already have someone lined up to make him the cutest little monkey cake, but I've decided that I'm going to give these a try :) The cupcakes I made for our Halloween party didn't turn out the way I had planned so hopefully these will be better. I am so excited about planning his party, but also a bit sad. I just can't believe my sweet little angel will turn a year old next month. This year has flown by and I just can't believe his birthday is already here! I will keep you posted on the birthday planning :)

Anyway, here is my picture for the day. The little monkey doing something he shouldn't be, playing with the television. We are currently trying to discourage this type of behavior, but so far he hasn't figured out we don't want him pulling on the t.v. I just had to get a pic because he looked so cute :)


Getting into trouble :)

After I took that picture, the little man decided to move on to something else to get in to.


He discovered the open bag of yogurt melts sitting on the coffee table (opps). He thought it was funny that he'd made such a big mess on his play mat.





He also put some in his toy train. Silly kid :)

Photobucket