April 15, 2010

Our Day.

I've wanted to do this for a while now, but haven't found the extra time to sit down and put together such a ginormous post. Sometime before the next baby gets here (no I'm not pregnant), I want to take this blog and turn it into a book for Deacon to have. I want it to be filled with sweet memories of our daily life, for him to enjoy when he gets older. So, I have dedicate a post to our daily schedule. My day will be completely different when we have all of our children, so I thought it would be neat to remember what it was like with just one :)

Our Day

  • Deacon usually wakes up around 7:00a.m. One of us will go get him out of his crib and bring him into our room for some morning snuggle time. What a sweet way to start each day. I just love watching him cuddle with his Daddy.
  • We get out of bed around 7:20 and I start getting the Hubby's clothes ready while Deacon plays with the telephones.
  • At 7:30, Deacon and I head downstairs where we spend the next 30 minutes getting him fed. For some reason, he really enjoys talking while I'm feeding him in the mornings. The rest of his meals don't take as long.
  • After breakfast, I get him cleaned up/change his diaper and we go into the living room. I will either put him in his jumperoo or let him play with this toys, while I eat my breakfast. During this time, he enjoys watching "SuperWhy".
  • After my breakfast, I clean the kitchen and then Deacon and I play in the floor or read a book.
  • We usually play for 30 minutes together, then I''m usually answering emails or checking my facebook.
  • While I'm on the computer, Deacon is usually playing in his toy box/bead maze. He does a really good job of entertaining himself during this time.
  • Around 9:30, it's time for a nap. I will change him, so that he is in a fresh diaper for naptime and then I usually start cleaning the house or editing pictures. He will sleep for about an hour to an hour and a half.
  • Around 11:00, he's ready for me to get him out of his crib. I will strip him down, put him in a new diaper and put his play clothes on.
  • He is ready for lunch around 11:45. This is the time I will let him sit in his highchair and feed himself, while I unload/load the dishwasher. By the time I'm through, he's made a whole new mess for me to clean up :)
  • After his lunch, we will get in the car and run errands or go see Daddy. Deacon loves to see Daddy during the day.
  • At 2:00, he's ready for his afternoon nap. I usually give him some juice and a small snack before I lay him down. He favorite afternoon snack is a handful of mild cheddar crunchies and cup of apple juice.
  • He will sleep for about 45 minutes. I take this time to do my daily bible devotional. I think it's important to spend some time, each day with the Lord. So, this is the time I usually do that :)
  • After Deacon wakes up, I get him in a fresh diaper and we go downstairs to eat his afternoon meal. He really enjoys the Lil' Graduates dinner plates, so this is what he usually eats during this feeding. Mac & Cheese with veggies to be exact :)
  • The rest of the afternoon is spent playing all over the house, while watching PBS. He loves to help me do my afternoon housework ( laundry, dishes, sweep, mop, etc).
  • Dusty usually comes home around 5:00 and yesterday Deacon gave the Hubby an applause when he walked in the door, while screaming "Hi". I know, kinda disgusting :) How come I never get an applause?
  • Dusty usually plays with Deacon for a few minutes. The Little Monkey really enjoys Daddy throwing him up in the air. After they play for a bit, the Hubby will take Deacon with him outside to do some "manly jobs". During this time, I am kickin' it in my recliner and either blogging/reading some of my other favorite blogs/ or getting dinner ready.
  • Around 7:00, we will give the little monkey a bath ( if he wants one). I usually let him splash around in the tub for about 15 minutes before I start cleaning him.
  • At 7:30, one of us will feed Deacon and get him ready for bed.
  • Deacon does not have a set bed time. We will let him play in the floor until we start seeing signs of him being sleepy. He will usually got to bed around 8:30 or 9:00.
  • After the Little Monkey is tucked away, safe and sound, the Hubby and I will clean up Deacon's mess, grab out Netflix movie and head up stairs.
  • We usually go to bed around 11:00 and then the whole process repeats itself :)


There you have it, friends. 850 words describing my day. I'm sure you all feel enlightened now :) HA!!