May 20, 2010

Rainbow Cake and Bike Rides.

This afternoon, I attempted to make a 12-layer rainbow cake that I've been drooling over for the last few months. After I got all the ingredients and was about to start, I realized I didn't have a platter that would be large/tall enough to hold a 12-layer cake :(   So, I found another recipe online that consisted of me pouring all these colors together in the pan to make a beautiful rainbow of colors. Here are some pics.







Yum




I tried making orange icing, but for some reason it didn't turn out orange. It looks more like a light pink/peachy color. 


Also,  I'm pretty stoked about this purchase today. They Hubby is participating in a triathlon in August and he's working on getting in shape. He's been running alot, which I can't do with him cause someone has to watch Deke. So, we bought this bicycle seat, so the Little Monkey can go with us when we bike. I can't wait until it comes in so we can get to pedaling :)