July 2, 2010

Sweet Summertime.

This morning, I decided to get the Little Monkey out of the house early to play outside. We usually go outside for a little bit every afternoon, but our time is usually cut short due in part to the blazing heat! I love mornings like today. It was cool, breezy and we were playing in the shade. The Little Monkey has never played with sidewalk chalk before, so this was something new to him. I was really surprised how fast he picked up on how to use it. Usually something new goes straight to his mouth, but he was such a big boy and colored the driveway a rainbow of colors.
We spent about 45 minutes playing and getting dirty. By the time we were finished, he was covered in chalk and had pink all over his face :)



Tools of destruction


The broken pieces on the bottom really bothered him. Silly kid :)



Here's the heart Deke helped me make. He was in charge of handing me the colors :) (I might also note that I didn't tell him what color to give me, he would just hand me a random color)




We are heading out of town this afternoon to spend the entire weekend with our families. I'm pretty excited about going to the cabin this year, because I feel Deke will enjoy it more now that he is a little older. As for me, I plan to do a lot of eating and playing cards :) HA! I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful weekend!!!

Happy 4th of July!!!