March 19, 2010

March 19, 1995

Today is the day you died. I can't believe it's been 15 years. You've missed so much since you've been gone and it makes my heart hurt thinking about all you're missing out on. You have a son-in-law that is just as crazy about Alabama football as you were. You have a beautiful grandson, who I'm pretty sure would steal your heart like he did mine. You have a wife that misses you everyday and a daughter who as she has gotten older, has really felt the pain of losing you. It seems like just yesterday when I touched your hand for the last time, when you told me you would teach me how to play basketball, or when you promised me you would buy me "The Lion King" when it came out on video. My 26th birthday is tomorrow and you're not here to celebrate, again. Some days it feels like forever ago. Then there are other days, I can close my eyes and picture you sitting on our sofa, watching football and I'm a little girl again begging you to play Monopoly with me. Now looking back, I know you were probably more interested in the game, but you humored me and we played. I want you to know that I think about you all the time and miss you terribly. Sometimes, I wonder what my life would be like if you were still here with us, but I know God had a much bigger plan. I've had to let go of the "what ifs" and live life knowing that everything happens for a reason and He knew what He was doing. I want you to know that another fifteen years can come and go and I will still love you with all of my heart! I miss you and I wish you were still here. I know you are in a better place where there are no more doctors poking at you or hospital stays. A place, I pray everyday that I will go to and see you again. Until then, all I have of you are the sweet memories and I will cherish them for as long as I live. I love you Daddy.


Love you always,
Meg



Me and My Daddy
1985


1987


1987


1991



1988



If tears could build a stairway,
And memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to Heaven
And bring you home again.
~Unknown




Photobucket