April 7, 2010

Sailing the Caribbean.

I am so excited about what's happening in the next few weeks! Dusty and I are going on a romantic getaway, just the two of us. We will be sailing the beautiful, turquoise waters of the Southern Caribbean on May 1 - 8 !! I am beyond stoked!! We went on a Western Caribbean cruise a couple of years ago and we loved it!! I've been wanting to do another one, but couldn't stand the thought of leaving the Little Monkey behind. I've been thinking a while about it and I have come to the conclusion that I need to let go a bit. I love my son, but I also love my husband and it's good for us to take a trip, just the two of us every once in a while. I figure when the next baby gets here, our "just us" vacations will come to an end :) Anyway, we are flying out of Atlanta traveling to San Juan, Puerto Rico where our cruise ship leaves for Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten, St. Croix and then back to San Juan. This means I will be away from the Little Monkey for eight days!! Right now, we are planning on calling and doing web- cam chats with him daily. I figure if I can hear him and see him, I will be fine :) The only thing I'm nervous about, is if either connection is bad, which I've been assured by Royal Caribbean that all connections (Internet, cell tower) are "the best out there". We'll see :) Also, don't expect to see any posts on this blog from May 1-9. I will have Internet access, but I'm not going to blog. I remember trying to use the Internet the last time we went on a cruise and you had a time limit and there was always a long line waiting for the computers. I love blogging, but I think it will be more trouble than it's worth on this trip. However, I do promise to create a daily post, when I get back, of everything we did on each day. So, you'll still get to see the daily activities with pictures from each stop, just a week later :) I'm officially counting down the days!!

24 Days till Cruise Time