April 8, 2010

What We're Reading.

If you know me at all, you know I love children's books! When I took Children's Lit. in college, I fell in love with a few authors and I can't get enough of their books. I started collecting books during my last year at ASU, preparing myself for the humongous library I would need when I started teaching. Since I never had a classroom, I've had these books tucked away for future use. So, the elementary teacher is coming out in me tonight and I want to recommend some excellent books for your little one.

Books for Babies:

  • Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? ~ Eric Carle
  • Where Is Baby's Bellybutton? ~ Kathy Katz (she has several more like this)
  • The Very Hungry Caterpillar ~ Eric Carle (love him)
  • Goodnight Moon~ Margaret Wise Brown
  • Where The Wild Things Are ~Maurice Sendak
  • The Giving Tree ~ Shel Silverstein (great author)
  • Sheep in a Jeep ~ Nancy Shaw
  • If You Give A Moose A Muffin ~Laura Numeroff
  • A Snowy Day ~ Ezra Jack Keats
Books for Toddlers:

  • Anything by Dr. Suess (love these books)
  • Anything by P.D. Eastman
  • Shoes From Grandpa ~ Mem Fox
  • Chicka Chicka Boom Boom ~ Bill Martin Jr.
  • Corduroy ~ Don Freeman
  • How I Became A Pirate ~ David Shannon ( love this author)
  • Five Little Ladybugs ~ Melanie Gerth
  • No David ~ David Shannon


Here are just a few of the authors and their books that I love. If you have a little one, or will one day, I would recommend these books for them. I have a ton more of authors and books, but I don't have the space to type it all :)