May 12, 2010

Antigua (Best Place on Earth)

We LOVED Antigua!! I didn't want to leave it was so gorgeous. There are truly no words to describe this island! We've been told that we didn't see the "real Antigua" because we never really saw the streets, but what we did see was breathtaking.  While we were there, we took a catamaran tour of the island and snorkeled near a beautiful reef. After we finished snorkeling,  they took us to Bird Island where we played in the turquoise waters and had a good time meeting new people. The water in Antigua is so clear you can see your feet!! Me and the Hubby would definitely like to go back and visit one day :)



Waiting for our excursion to start



I love this kind of music!! I wanted to pack these guys in my suitcase and take them home so I could hear them play whenever I wanted :)



The life!  Ha!!


We drove right by Sandals Antigua. A place I would LOVE to visit one day ( hint, hint Hubby)



Snorkeling near a pretty reef

Beautiful Antigua water



Bird Island, Antigua



I thought the Hubby looked very handsome in his Bird Island Caribbean shirt :)


We hiked to the top of Bird Island to get a better view :) 





I love this picture. Just wish it didn't have a big water spot over the Hubby's face. The only negative thing about our underwater camera. 




The water was so warm :) I love Antigua!!




Not wanting to leave....


Beautiful sand :) 



I'm pretty sure I'm having way too much fun in this video. Look at the water!!!


We seriously saw this dude who for what ever reason, thought using a bicycle on his boat was a good idea. HA!


Our cruise ship