May 14, 2010

St. Croix, USVI

Our last island stop was St. Croix. Once again, the Hubby and I rented a car to explore the island and learn a little bit more about it's history. We also stopped to do some shopping in Christiansted. I was very surprised when we arrived on this island, because it looked uninhabited.   The first portion of our little road trip, I think we saw two houses and not one business. It's like one whole side of the island isn't in use.  Overall, St. Croix was more laid back than all the other islands we visited. If you're wanting a quiet getaway from people and everything else, I would recommend a stay on this island :)




Christensted, St. Croix, USVI


Pretty :) 




When we arrived in Christanstad, I was really hungry. The Hubby, knowing of my love affair with mexican food, saw this cute eatery while we were walking around. We ended up stopping and grabbing a bite to eat and I'm so glad we did. Best mexican food, ever!!




I'm wanting one right now! Yummy!!  Hands down best burrito!!




This little guy was our lunch buddy. He played on our chairs for a bit, then had some fun in this tree. I enjoyed watching him intimidate the nearby chicken. 




We're silly, I know :) 


The Old Danish Customs House was built in 1734 and was a place where taxes were paid on imports and exports passing through the scale house right next door. Very cool!


Me playing around near the Safari Club




Before dinner our last night on the ship





The very first day on the ship, I noticed this girl standing on the balcony and the Hubby and I thought she looked just like Kristen Stewart from Twilight. So, the last night on the ship, I ask her for a picture. She was such a sweetie for humoring me. I told her who she reminded me of and she told me she got that, ALOT :)