July 27, 2010

10 Years.

My Sweetest Husband,

A decade ago today, I accepted an invitation by a friend to attend revival together, in hopes of maybe meeting a nice guy at church. Completely unaware that the"nice guy" I was looking for, would be you. The first time we met, I remember thinking your eyes were the clearest shade of blue I had ever seen. So clear, that I could look deep into your eyes and see what a kind, loving and compassionate soul you had. You were everything I didn't realize I was looking for. I especially didn't think I would have found the man I would one day marry over the internet (always a fun story to tell people). These last ten years, we've seen good times and bad. We've gone through situations and trials just like any other couple, but our love for each other and commitment is what keeps us strong. Without you in my life, I wouldn't be who I am today. Without you in my life, I wouldn't know what true love felt like. Without you in my life, I would be incomplete. You are what pushes me to go forward and what keeps me from looking back. I look forward to the years we still have left. The years of raising our children to become God fearing Christians, the years of accomplishing goals we set for our family when we were younger, the years of us growing older and falling in love with each other all over again. There is no way I can begin to explain to you how lucky I really am to have you in my life. I could continue to type on this screen all day and the words still wouldn't be enough. I feel like the best is still yet to come and I can't wait to see what God has in store for our family. I can only pray that the Lord above allows us to spend many, many more decades together.

I love you....


2002


Coming back from the beach. Summer 2002

Skiing with his family in Colorado. Spring 2003

My high school graduation. May 2002

Giving my man kisses :) 2003