August 19, 2010

Feeling Their Pain

Today, has been a day of deep thinking and a lot of tears. Some of you that follow my blog may not agree with this post and that's fine. We are all entitled to our own opinions and here is where I speak mine. I have prayed, prayed and prayed for our country over the years! I was a senior in high school when September 11, 2001 happened. I can remember every little detail like it was yesterday. I remember what class I was in, what I felt the moment I saw that second plane hit the WTC, I can remember grabbing my phone and sitting in the back of a dark classroom talking to my mom and I remember wishing so hard that what was unfolding in front of me on a 20 inch t.v screen wasn't real. I also remember feeling the same heartache when I signed my name to the September 11, 2001 Memorial Wall at Ground Zero on April 3, 2002. Still being able to look up into the nearby trees and see articles of clothing and window blinds twisted and broken in the branches really got to me and I began to cry right there. Unfortunately, it was all real and I feel like so many Americans have forgotten how it felt that day to see innocent Americans killed. This mosque potentially being built in NYC has really hit a sore spot with me. It's all I can think about and it has brought me to tears throughout the day thinking about how disrespectful and inconsiderate this project is to America and the victims families! Everyone in this country has the right to worship where and how they want. However, building a Muslim mosque ANYWHERE near Ground Zero is despicable!!!! My heart is aching for the family members of the September 11th victims and I am praying for them. I'm also praying that our country will soon wake up! If we continue down the road we are going down now, this country won't be fit to live in, in the next 20 years. I wanted to include a video that I found a few years ago. I can't watch this without crying and I want to share it with you.



Please pray with me for our country. We needed change, but not the change we've gotten. We need to change our hearts, minds and attitudes and pray for this country that we love.