February 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Deacon

My Sweetest Baby Boy,

A year ago today (February 27), I woke up at 3:30 a.m., got dressed and packed a few last minute items for our hospital stay. I was only a few hours away from meeting you and I was ecstatic. That morning, it was cold and rainy and your Daddy drove us to the hospital. The entire way there, I could feel you kicking and squirming in my belly. For days, you had been punching me in the stomach and you seemed quite determined to push your way out. I told your Daddy, just a few days earlier, that I was confident you were going to be a big boy. You were so strong and you felt so heavy. Once we arrived, we checked in and sat in the waiting room talking with family and friends. At 5:45 a.m. , my name was called to come back to a room and get prepped. During the next couple of hours, I experienced the painful/joyful journey to bring you into this world. An adventure that is still so fresh in my memory and that I hope stays with me forever.
At 7:17 a.m. on February 27, 2009, I heard you take your first breath. I heard you cry for the first time. I saw you and automatically let out a sigh of relief and began to quietly cry. You were a beautiful, healthy 8 lb 3 oz bundle of pure sweetness. I took one look at you and you stole my heart. I couldn't believe you were mine and when I kissed you for the first time, in that moment, I thanked God for choosing me to be your Mommy. What a privilege it has been.
The first year of your life has gone by too fast. I have watched you discover the world around you and I'm so thankful that I could stay at home with you to watch you grow. Although, some days are harder than others, I look at you and I'm appreciative of what God has given me. Happy 1st Birthday, My Sweet Angel. I love you.


Mommy



Mommy and Deacon February 27, 2009





Thank you Lord, for blessing me with this child. Thank you for believing in me, to raise him in a Christian home and give him the love and attention he deserves. Thank you for this beautiful gift. The gift of a child.



Holding my son for the first time



Daddy and Deacon



Pretty Baby


Monthly Pictures




***I will post birthday party pictures Sunday night***

Photobucket