August 25, 2010

Walkin' in Style.

This afternoon, my Mom came to visit me and The Little Monkey! We ended up at the mall, shopping (who would have thought :). I've been debating on whether or not to go ahead and purchase Deke some fall/winter shoes. I've been concerned that if I buy them now, he'll grow out of them before he ever wears them. So, I decided that we would head to the Stride Rite store and get him measured and just see if they had anything that appealed to me. Of course, they would be having an awesome sale that would make it super hard for me to pass up on. So, here are his new fall/winter shoes :) Ha!






Here's his casual shoes. Deke was measured as a size 5 1/2 and we got these in a 6 1/2 (should be plenty of room to grow). If you've ever owned shoes from Stride Rite, you know that most of their shoes are not machine washable and you need a protective spray to keep stains and moisture from ruining them. Well, these are washable and I'm so in love!!




Here's his dress shoes. He has a bad habit of taking his shoes off and throwing them down (and then I can't find them). I'm hoping these hefty-Velcro shoes will eliminate our current problem :)

I could have bought several more shoes, but I needed to stop while I was ahead :) If I'm not careful, Deke will wind up having more shoes than his Mommy. HA!!